TEF Canada is an obligatory test for economic immigration programmes that require proof of linguistic ability, at the request of Immigration and Citizenship Canada.
TEF Canada also provides indispensable proof of the holder’s French language proficiency when he/she applies for Canadian Citizenship.
The Test d’Évaluation de Français pour le Canada (TEF Canada) is a test of general French which assesses the level of proficiency in French of francophones and non-francophones alike.
The TEF Canada is recognised as official proof of language proficiency by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as well as the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés Culturelles du Québec (MICC) for permanent residency applications, certificat de sélection du Québec applications and Canadian citizenship applications.
Why take the TEF?
- To study in France (TEF for studies in France)
- To obtain the French citizenship (TEF for Naturalization)
- To Immigrate to Canada and to obtain the Canadian citizenship (TEF Canada)
- To immigrate to Quebec (TEFAQ)
- To certify one’s level of French at work, to assess the employees’ level of French through recruitment, to position students for training or for study abroad, etc.
Level of proficiency
The TEF Canada assesses the candidate’s proficiency in French using a 7 level scale based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL) and the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB).
The TEF Canada is directed specifically at candidates wishing to assess their level of proficiency in French for immigration applications to Canada or Quebec, or for Canadian citizenship applications.
The TEF Canada is recognised as official proof of language proficiency by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés Culturelles du Québec (MICC).
What is tested?
TEF Canada assesses your ability to write and speak French, using the following sections:
- Oral comprehension: 40 minutes – 60 questions
- Written comprehension: 60 minutes – 50 questions
- Oral expression: 15 minutes – 2 topics
- Written expression: 60 minutes – 2 topics
You will receive a certificate with your TEF Canada results.
It details your score for each section. To find out the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) corresponding to your score, please refer to this Table of correspondence with CLB.
Information for candidates:
The TEF Canada consists of 4 modules: listening, speaking, reading and/or writing.
- Compréhension écrite (reading): 60 minutes – 50 questions – 300 points
- Compréhension orale (listening): 40 minutes – 60 questions – 360 points
- Expression écrite (writing): 60 minutes – 2 topics – 450 points
- Expression orale (speaking): 15 minutes – 2 topics – 450 points
TEF Canada Examination coaching at Gurgaon Academy
Duration: 5 Months
Days and Class Timing: Classes in batch size of about 5-10 students are held on weekends (Saturday & Sunday) between 9:00am-4:00pm. Each class session will last for about 2-3 hours approximately.
Course Modules (TEF Canada): We cover all four sections/modules. Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
Course Materials: We provide course materials
Medium of Instruction: English and French
Course Fee: INR 45,000 (Forty Five Thousand Rupees). No-refund of fee after enrolment.
How to register for the course: Please call us to confirm the start date of next batch for TEF Canada.
If you have any query please Contact Us:
Call us: 99996 50006, 99996 40006
Post Your Query: